In this course you will learn about advanced abdominal surgical procedures from engaging and relevant recorded lectures that include detailed discussion of diagnostics, tools for prognostication, preoperative patient stabilization, surgical anatomy and surgical techniques. In addition to the didactic lectures, you will have access to a combination of intraoperative video clips and detailed, narrated cadaveric demonstrations of gastrectomy using a stapler, splenectomy (demo of traditional ligatures AND use of a vessel sealant device) and cholecystojejuno-duodenostomy. Management of acute abdomen including septic peritonitis, hemoabdomen and diseases of the pancreas are comprehensively discussed!
- Manage various causes of acute abdomen, including septic peritonitis, hemoabdomen, and uroabdomen.
- Familiarize yourself with the management of gastric dilatation volvulus.
- Determine the prognosis of gastric dilatation volvulus through lactate levels.
- Learn the different types of gastropexy that are available to prevent a recurrence of volvulus.
- Learn how to perform a gastectomy with stapling equipment.
- Utilize a vessel sealant device to complete a safe and fast splenectomy in dogs with a hemoabdomen.
- Understand the different conditions requiring surgery of the liver, the gall bladder, and the pancreas.
E-Learning Resources & Subscriptions
Dr. Eric Monnet
Race Approved CE
Dr. Eric Monnet
DVM, PhD, DACVS, DECVS
Course cancellation could occur if registrations fail to meet minimum numbers 30 days prior to the course. If a course is canceled for any reason, we are not responsible for any charges related to travel.
Refunds are available for cancellations made 60 days prior to the beginning of the course. Cancellations less than 35 days before a course are nonrefundable but may be partially transferrable to a future course.